Libyans In Manchester Shocked To Learn That Bomber Was One Of Them
- Author: Jack Mann May 27, 2017,
May 27, 2017, 2:00
On Tuesday evening (May 23), The British government, wary of additional possible attacks, raised the national terror threat level to "critical".
The men then grabbed Ramadan Abedi and put him in one of the cars, taking him to "an unknown location".
"It is very clear that we are investigating a network linked to the bomber", Chief Constable Ian Hopkins in a press conference today.
The death of Saffie Rose Roussos, the youngest known victim of the attack, was described by her headteacher as "heartbreaking".
The victims who have been identified as yet include an eight-year-old girl, two teenage girls and a 28-year-old man.
British security services are now conducting a manhunt for accomplices of the suspected Manchester bomber Salman Abedi, including a bombmaker who may have helped him commit the attack, a source close to the investigation told Reuters Wednesday.
Steve Rotheram, mayor of the Liverpool City Region, tweeted that his two daughters had been in attendance and were safe. She gave this statement to ABC News: "My mum was an wonderful lady and wife to my dad Anthony, she cared so much for everybody and did anything for them she was a very elegant person and absolutely adored my son jayden and my child in expecting now".
Many of them had serious wounds that will require "very long term care and support in terms of their recovery", Rouse said. "These are highly traumatic injuries".
Abedi was already known to authorities, UK Home Secretary Amber Rudd said Wednesday. Rudd said Britain's operational security could be harmed by the leaks, taking "the element of surprise" away from security services and police. Our way of life has once again been threatened but we will overcome this together.
"The British police have been very clear that they want to control the flow of information in order to protect operational integrity, the element of surprise, so it is irritating if it gets released from other sources", Rudd told BBC Radio on Wednesday, when asked about USA leaks.
"I wouldn't go that far, but I can say they are perfectly clear about the situation and that it shouldn't happen again", she added.
Ramadan Abedi said he spoke to his 22-year-old son Salman Abedi five days ago and he was getting ready to visit Saudi Arabia and sounded "normal". "But that leaves a degree of uncertainty which has led the Joint Terrorism Analysis Centre to independently judge that the threat level needs to be raised to critical, meaning a further attack may be imminent". Security in the nation has been ramped up significantly in the wake of the attack, with up to 1,000 military personnel deployed on the streets to compliment police as part of "Operation Temperer", with soldiers taking up position outside of Buckingham Palace, Parliament and Downing Street among other high-profile spots.
Investigators told Der Tagesspiegel Abedi had also passed through Prague, in the Czech Republic, on his way back from Libya last week.